ZANU PF Politburo member, Tshinga Dube has defended the family of the late President Robert Mugabe which has been ordered by Chief Zvimba to initiate the exhumation and reburial of the veteran leader’s remains.
The former minister was addressing journalists at the Bulawayo Press Club on Africa Day when he said his former boss died a bitter man because of the way he was removed from power in 2017. Dube said:
_There are many interpretations why he (Mugabe) was not put at Heroes Acre because as you know, the way he was dispossessed of power made him and the family very unhappy and angry._
_So, they had a good reason that they react very angrily to the extent that they decided he must be buried in his village; so, there is nothing which we can do about it._
_So, I do not know about the President trying to take the former president to use him for rituals._
_That I do not know but all I can say is just that some people believe that the former president must be at the Heroes Acre because he is one of those who came up with the idea of a Heroes Acre and he must be there._
_Others are saying why should he be in his village when others go there but as I said, interpretations are many._
Mugabe’s family accuses President Emmerson Mnangagwa of pushing for the exhumation and reburial of his former boss.
Former Youth Minister, Patrick Zhuwao who is Mugabe’s nephew claiming that Mnangagwa wants a mystical sceptre which he believes was buried together with Mugabe.
The government has refuted the claims saying the suit was initiated by the Mugabe family.
- Mugabe Family Meets Over Exhumation, Reburial
- ‘Chief Zvimba’s Judgement On Mugabe Reburial Not Final’
- Madhuku: Mugabe Reburial Order Outrageous And Unlawful
- Govt ‘Annoyed’ By Links To Mugabe Reburial Efforts – Mangwana
- Mugabe’s Sceptre Was Handed Over To Kasukuwere – Zivhu
- Chief Zvimba Disowns Grace Mugabe Summons
- Mnangagwa Behind Push To Exhume Mugabe, He Wants ‘Mystic Tsvimbo’, Says Zhuwawo
- WATCH: Zhuwao Speaks On Uncle Robert Mugabe’s Exhumation
- “Robert Mugabe Must Be Reburied,” Grace Summoned To Court