President Emmerson Mnangagwa is set to unveil the statue of the late spirit medium Mbuya Nehanda in central Harare on Tuesday.
This is happening when the surviving relatives of the first Chimurenga heroine, Mbuya Charwe, the spirit medium of Mbuya Nehanda, have approached the High Court challenging the move.
Upper Mazowe Cultural Landscape custodian, Chief Maxwell Dzapasi-Hwata and an alleged maternal nephew of Mbuya Charwe, Israel Marufu, have been named as joint applicants in the suit.
The trio is arguing that natural disasters will occur across the country if the government erects the statue without observing traditional rites.
See pictures of the statue below.
- Mbuya Nehanda’s Relatives Warn Of Disasters If Her Statue Is Erected
- ED Is A Present-day Mbuya Nehanda – Chinamasa
- Mthwakazi Offended By Nehanda Statue
- Nkomo’s Family Unhappy With Mnangagwa Govt Over Statue
- Prioritise Dvpt Over Mbuya Nehanda Statue
- War Veterans Demand Removal Of Statues From ZANU PF HQ
- MDC To Erect Statue In Tsvangirai’s Honour
More: Pindula News