MDC Alliance councillor for ward 18, Chiredzi West, Gilbert Mutubuki has been acquitted of incitement of public violence charges.
The former ZINASU leader was arrested in July 2019 for allegedly inciting public violence after resisting attempts by war veterans to seize land belonging to Chiredzi villagers.
Mutubuki who is also MDC Alliance Masvingo Provincial Youth Assembly secretary, posted on Facebook on Tuesday following his acquittal calling for the release of his colleagues, Makomborero Haruzivishe and Obey Sithole who are languishing in prison.
The acquitted youthful MDC Alliance Councillor said:
Was arrested for inciting public violence in Chiredzi July 2019. It was after War Veterans wanted to illegally evict people in Chitepo Village.Today I was found not guilty to the charge by Triangle Magistrate Court.
Aluta continuaWe are in charge
- Govt Identifies 20k Hectares For Irrigation In Chiredzi
- Chiredzi West MP’s Comments On The Chilonga Grass Project On Behalf Of The MPs For Chilonga Raises Eyebrows
- Govt To ‘Refashion’ Law For Chiredzi Evictions
- ZINASU President Criticises Chamisa, Says Activists ‘Are On Their Own’
- Repression In Zimbabwe Hits A New Low – Chamisa On The Attack Of ZINASU President Takudzwa Ngadziore
- What Are We Fighting For – Tonderai Dombo On Makomborero’s Sentencing
More: Pindula News