The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) is set to introduce gold coins on the 25th of July 2022 as a measure to stabilise the economy. The central bank has since pre-empted the key features on the gold coins also known as the Mosi-oa-Tuna coins.
In the video below, the apex bank presents key things members of the public need to know about the Mosi-oa-Tunya gold coins.
- RBZ Guidelines For The Purchase Of The Mosi-OA-Tunya Gold Coin
- Reserve Bank Of Zimbabwe (RBZ) Announces Gold Coins Features, Characteristics, Ownership
- RBZ Speaks On Reason Behind Introduction Of Gold Coins, Who Can Have Them
- Investors Warm Up For Reserve Bank Of Zimbabwe’s Gold Coins
- Reserve Bank Of Zimbabwe Introduces Gold Coins
The bank says the coins are for:
1). Value preservation
2). Can be bought from the RBZ or any bank.
3). Every coin has a unique serial number. You’re given a certificate when you buy the coin to prove it’s yours.
4). They can be purchased in Zimbabwean dollar or foreign currency.
5). The coin is tradable, can be bought and sold.
6). The gold coin will be 1 Oz with a purity of 91.67%. It has 22 carats.