Nine more learners at George Silundika High School in Nyamandlovu, Matebeleland North, tested positive for the coronavirus and were among the 19 new coronavirus cases recorded on 15 May 2021.
George Silundika was hit by the virus last month when 44 pupils and staff tested positive.
Two schools in Matebeleland South, Sacred Heart Girls High and Embakwe Mission, as well as St David’s Bonda in Manicaland, were also hit by the virus, all the learners have since recovered.
The Ministry of Health and Child Care reported in its Coronavirus update last night that 10 people recovered from the novel virus.
No deaths were recorded while active cases rose to 654 with 377 in Harare and 86 in Bulawayo.
Vaccination slowed with 8 309 getting their first jab to raise the total to 579 769 while 9 761 got their second dose to bring the total to 213 542.
- Another School, A Chinese Company Hit By COVID-19
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update – 15 May 2021
- Five Anglican Church Schools Face Deregistration
- Mtshabezi School Hostel Gutted By Fire
- Schools Re-introduce Teachers’ Incentives
- National IDs For High School Students Only
- Churches Banned From Holding Services In Schools
- JUST IN: 122 Students Test Positive For Coronavirus At One School
- Mzilikazi School Records Zero New COVID-19 Cases
- COVID-19 Strikes At Thornhill High School