Mtshabezi School Hostel Gutted By Fire

Mtshabezi Primary School’s disability block was engulfed by a fire that destroyed property worth thousands of dollars on Friday morning at around 1 AM.

The eleven learners comprising seven girls and four boys lost their clothing, stationery bedding and food among other stuff during the incident.

The fire which broke out on Friday at around 1 AM is suspected to have been caused by an electric fault.

Gwanda District Development Coordinator (DDC) Mr Thulani Moyo said they were in the process of mobilising resources to assist the learners and repair the damaged block. Moyo said:

_The Mtshabezi Primary School disability block was engulfed by fire on Friday morning at around 1AM._

A teacher who was with the children was able to pull the children out of the building before anyone could get hurt. He said:

_The staff from the school managed to put out the fire but the damage had already been done. The children lost clothing, stationery, blankets and food in the fire. Furniture, cooking utensils and the roof were also damaged. This block houses pupils with various disabilities and now the learners have been left stranded. We would like to appeal to well-wishers to chip in with any form of assistance which they have._

Mr Moyo said the building materials, blankets, beds, clothing food among others are needed.

Gwanda District School’s Inspector (DSI), Mr Sidney Sibanda said he visited the school to assess the damage and a report has been compiled. He said the pupils from the special disability class had now been moved to a temporary structure.

More: Pindula News; Chronicle

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


RSS Recent Profiles Created

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.