ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 11 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 13 MAY 2021.
Sunny and mild conditions prevailed in most parts of the country with cold mornings, though intercepting cloudy periods were observed in areas to the extreme eastern parts of the country with a light breeze from time to time.
*FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 12 MAY 2021*
All areas should experience clear skies and light winds with a chance of slight to moderate ground frost in frost-prone areas of Matopos, Kezi, Gweru, Nyanga, Marondera and Chivhu. It will be cold in the morning and towards evening though mild during the day. The rest of the country should be cold at first, becoming relatively wanner from mid-morning.
• Black Frost, which affects horticultural crops such as tomatoes, is probable in parts of Matabeleland South. Masvingo. into Matabeleland North.
• Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
• Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma. hay-fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
• Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN
• Keeping warm is essential for everyone: also ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm especially towards evening and early morning.
• For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask-up, get vaccinated #Winter Is at hand.
• Have warm clothing nearby, especially if you are outdoors
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF WEDNESDAY WEATHER HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and mild||08||27|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm||16||30|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and mild||07||25|
|NYANGA:||Sunny and mild||06||22|
|VUMBA:||Sunny and mild||09||24|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and mild||07||26|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Sunny and mild||12||23|
FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 13 MAY 2021
Sunny conditions should prevail across the country. It will be cold in the morning, becoming warm by afternoon. There is a risk of slight ground frost occurring in places such as Kezi, Matopos, Nyanga, Marondera, Henderson, Masvingo as well as Gweru.
- Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast – 10 – 12 May
- Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 7 – 9 May 2021
- Unfavourable Weather Conditions Behind Seedco’s 24% Volume Drop
- Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 6 – 8 May 2021