ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 07 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 09 MAY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
It was windy over provinces such as Masvingo, Manicaland, southern areas of the Midlands Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Metropolitan today, with brief cloudy periods over Beitbridge, Chiredzi and Chipinge District.
The rest of the country had mostly clear skies and cool morning conditions.
As the weekend begins, TOMORROW SATURDAY 08 MAY 2021, is forecast to be mostly sunny and warm by day with a light breeze time and again. However, it should be cold both morning and evening.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
- Perfect time to visit our national parks and see the amazing flora and fauna. #ZimbabweWorldOfWonders.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keeping warm is essential for everyone, also ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm especially towards evening and early morning.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- Farmers in frost-prone areas are encouraged to have frost preventative measure in place.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated #Winter Is Coming.
- Have warm clothing nearby, especially if you are outdoors.
FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 09 MAY 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected across the country, with cold morning conditions and slight ground frost in areas such as Chivhu, Gweru, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga.
It should be warm by afternoon becoming cold towards evening with a cool southerly breeze.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and mild||10||28|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm||10||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mild with clear skies||08||26|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and mild||06||22|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and mild||10||24|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and mild||07||26|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and mild||12||22|
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection