A man from Murehwa reportedly killed his mother and his uncle last week as he was accusing them of witchcraft, NewsDay reports.
ZRP is looking for 35-year-old Denford Nyamande of Marumisa village under Chief Mangwende who disappeared after he fatally axed his mother Angella Bhunu and her brother Felix Taonana Chiodza.
According to the publication, this is what transpired on the day Bhunu and Chiodza lost their lives:
- The suspect and his brother had at some point argued with the deceased accusing them of practising witchcraft.
- On 22 March Bhunu’s daughter in law Evermore Nechiridza went to her house to give her supper only to discover her lying in a pool of blood dead in her home covered by a blanket
- She then informed someone of the deceased’s passing and told them to go and inform Bhunu’s other relative of her passing.
- Later that day, she went to Chiodza’s house to talk to him about Bhunu’s death, only to discover his lifeless body lying on the floor.
- Nechiridza informed other relatives who in turn reported the issue to the police.
The incident was confirmed by Mashonaland East provincial police spokesperson Inspector Tendai Mwanza who said:
Police in Murewa are looking for a man who is suspected to be behind the double murder of his mother and uncle over allegations of practising witchcraft.
The deceased were brother and sister and were staying at different homesteads in different villages while the suspect is Bhunu’s son.
Last week, in Mutoko, an 88-year-old grandmother killed her husband after he refused to help her with some chores.