According to The NewsHawks, former President Robert Mugabe’s daughter Bona and Simba Chikore’s mansion is yet to be completed. The couple is reportedly having a hard time completing the vast mansion which reportedly has the following peculiar details:
- It sits on 22 hectares (land slightly bigger than Harare Gardens) of land in Harare where all land is regarded by land developers as prime land.
- The house’s floor area is about 7 800 square metres and it is made up of, a basement which is 1 200 square metres, ground floor (3 000 square metres); first floor (3 000 square metres); and a sundeck which is 600 square metres.
- It has 25 rooms
- The house is expected to cost a staggering $39 Million
- The house’s basement has nine rooms, including an apartment, while the ground floor has eight rooms and the first floor has another eight rooms
- It reportedly has a sundeck or upper terrace for sunning and relaxing offers a stunning view of the mountains and surrounding areas.
- Architects and quantity surveyors in Harare showed that given the steep slopes of the mountain where the house is built, the cost of construction is about US$2 500 per square metre.
More: The NewsHawks
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store