The second school term is starting in Zimbabwe. This time, however, the government directed that the brick and mortar schools will not be opened yet, due to COVID-19 pandemic fears.
Many schools have therefore communicated to parents different ways for their children to continue learning. Most of these ways involve online learning of way or another; Google Classroom, Zoom for education, and even WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is particularly good because almost every parent can organise this.
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047077?text=add
All these online learning platforms will, however, require an internet connection of one form or another. Parents will need to buy airtime especially if they choose to use mobile data provided by, say, NetOne, Telecel or Econet.
Thankfully parents can top up airtime online now and buy the bundles needed to connect to the online learning platforms. They can also buy airtime right on WhatsApp and pay with EcoCash.
To buy the airtime online:
- Go to buyairtime.co.zw
Number to be recharged
Amount of Airtime and,
EcoCash number that will make the payment
- Click on the Buy button
- An EcoCash prompt for the pin will then appear on the EcoCash phone
- After entering the pin to make the payment, the phone number to be recharged will be topped up.
It’s as easy as that.
For the buying on WhatsApp alternative, here are the steps:
- You send the word “airtime” to the WhatsApp number: +263 714 815 229
- The number will respond immediately providing you the format to use to top up. The format is as follows: Amount#Number to recharge#EcoCash number
- Enter the details in that WhatsApp conversation
- A prompt on EcoCash will ask for the pin to approve the payment
- Once paid, the airtime will be topped up.
This way, parents don’t have to leave home to buy what has now become a necessity for education.