Earlier today, The Daily News published an interview in which the family of deceased Zororo Makamba, explained how according to them, the government had neglected to support their relative in his battle with Coronavirus.
We list here a summary of the things mentioned in the full-text interview:
- Failed to test him for Coronavirus for several hours apparently because the Hospital was waiting for samples from other hospitals before testing Zororo Makamba’s sample. Results were only available 15 hours after submission of sample, despite the hospital promising 6 hours.
- Wilkins Hospital failed to admit him into the hospital on time claiming that they were not ready to receive any Coronavirus patients. He was eventually admitted about 9 hours later.
- Wilkins Hospital did not have a ventilator available for Zororo to use. The family managed to source a private portable ventilator but that the hospital refused to let them use it.
- The Hospital would run out of oxygen which Zororo needed, and they would have to source more from City of Harare.
- The government refused that the family take him to a private ICU even though Zororo was not getting the required support at Wilkins.
- The Minister of Health and Child Care, Obadiah Moyo, attempted to make the family build an ICU unit at the hospital at a $120,000 in a bid to save Zororo
- Nurses would only attend to Zororo after about 2 hours and at one point told the family that they were feeling bothered by reminders to check on him.
- The minister lied to the family that ICU equipment would be made available for Zororo but none was made available until he died.
The government has not yet commented on the claims of neglect by the family.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.