Muscle & Fitness Gym manager Alice Hunyenyiwa has revealed that “good money” will be up for grabs at the 7th Annual Muscle and Fitness Open Classic event for 2019 to be held at Cathedral Hall in Gweru on May 25.
Hunyenyiwa also said that it has been long since the gym last conducted such an event. She said:
It’s a club aimed at giving back to the community. The muscle and fitness open classic provides competent and less privileged athletes with a platform to compete. We successfully hosted the event between 2005-2010 before taking a break as the industry had some challenges. We’re hosting again in response to calls from athletes.
The event, as the manager said, is dedicated to celebrating classic physique, fitness and raw power.
The Gym was founded in 2005 as part of Vann Gopal Engineering’s programme to give back to the community.
The event that is open to all members of the public shall see the winners getting “good money” in United States dollars.
Categories available at this tournament:
- Juniors below 21 years vying for the top price in the junior category.
- The lightweight, below 70kg, middleweight between 70-80kg and light heavyweight between 80-90kg.
- The female fitness and powerlifting competition – bench press and deadlift.
- Hillside Teachers’ College records 2 sudden deaths in one week after pregnant student teacher collapses and dies while doing gymnastics
- Manyuchi Looking Fit And Ready For The “Restoration Fight” – Trainer
- Charles Manyuchi Set To Fight In May
More: The Chronicle