Irene Zindi, ZANU PF central committee member and Mutasa South legislator confronted Lewis Matutu, party deputy secretary for youth affairs, at the Zanu PF central committee meeting last Friday.
Zindi demanded to know why the youth wing was fighting her. She said:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Why are you de-campaigning me? You came to my constituency and held meetings, accusing me of fronting the remnants of G40. That is bad, I don’t like that. You have to stop it or we will face off.
Matutu was talking to journalists when Zindi confronted him. He asked her that she refrain herself from discussing party issues in the public.
A defiant Zindi is reported to have continued shouting saying:
I don’t care who you are standing with, I want the matter discussed. I know you and I don’t know the other people you are with.
Matutu who refused to comment on the issue said:
She is an elder; I can’t exchange words with her in public, and these are internal party matters. There is no need to drag it out in the media.
Zindi disproved allegations that she secretly de-campaigned Mnangagwa ahead of 2018 elections. She claimed that her detractors wanted her out of the constituency in the 2023 elections. Meanwhile, Matutu, believed to be Mnangagwa’s close ally, is reported to have retaliated against purported obstacles to Mnangagwa’s 2023 presidential candidacy.
- ZANU PF Bigwigs Fight Over Bulawayo Provincial Chairperson Position
- Mutodi Distances Self From ZANU PF Youth League Squabbles
- ZANU PF Moves To Stop ‘No Confidence’ Votes To Maintain Party Unity
- ZANU PF Youths To March In Solidarity With Mnangagwa On February 21
- Full Text: Mnangagwa’s Enemies Are People In Zanu PF And Govt Who Do Not Tell Him The Truth- Noah Manyika