Steward Bank has sent a notice to its customers warning them to beware of card fraud. According to the bank, cases of card cloning are on the increase.
Here’s the full notice:
Steward Bank has noticed with concern, the increased risk of fraudulent transactions involving card cloning countrywide. We encourage all customers to remain vigilant and observe the following transacting habits when using your card:
- Never share your PIN with a third party.
- Hide your PIN when keying into an ATM/ POS machine.
- Your card should never leave your sight when making a purchase at merchants.
- If a shop attendant has to use another machine, please accompany him/her to that machine.
- Be vigilant with merchants who use multiple machines for the same transaction, always insist on a receipt for any failed transaction (receipt will show reasons why transaction has failed).
- Report any suspicious transactions to your bank or to the police immediately.
- Register with the bank to receive transaction alerts through SMS or on email.
- Merchants are only authorised to process swipe into EcoCash transactions to the account holder only and not to a third party account.
Customers are further advised that the bank recently partnered with NetGuardian (Fraud monitoring experts for banks worldwide) to implement a world-class fraud monitoring system across all our channels to increase security on all our customer transactions and reduce the risk of fraud. Should you require any information, or suspect that your card has been compromised, please get in touch with us through our 24hr, Card Centre Hotline 0772 191 191.
Whatsapp on 0772 191 191