The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has forecasted cloudy and sunny conditions in most parts of the country. In a weather report and forecast seen by Pindula News, MSD said thundershowers are a possibility on Wednesday afternoon. Reads a report and forecast for the period 22 to 24 November 2022:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2022.
Isolated thundershowers occurred in areas along and north of the main watershed yesterday. This morning it was cloudy in the western parts (Matabeleland North and South). The rest of the country experienced sunny conditions.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2022
Cloudy and warm conditions are anticipated in Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midland province and all Mashonaland provinces including Harare Metropolitan with afternoon thundershowers. The rest of the country should be sunny and hot though mild in both morning and evening.
• Hot daytime conditions can affect the health of vulnerable members of society and all other persons if exposure to direct sunlight is for an extended period of time.
• Evapotranspiration tends to increase during periods with less rainfall and cloud cover, this increases moisture stress on young plants and tender shoots.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When outdoors, on the farm or performing other outdoor activities for extended periods of time; please wear a sunhat or be under an umbrella to protect against direct sunlight.
• Keep hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Please monitor soil moisture and moisture stress in young/tender plants and irrigate where necessary.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THURSDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2022
Cloudy and warm conditions with afternoon thundershowers are expected in Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midland province and all Mashonaland provinces including Harare Metropolitan with afternoon thundershowers. The rest of the country should be mostly sunny and warm with mild morning and evening conditions.