fbpx

Two Bulawayo Families Survive Fire At Ascot Shopping Centre

Two Bulawayo families escaped unhurt after a fire broke out at Kenilworth Towers, Ascot Shopping Centre in Bulawayo.

The fire brigade swiftly reacted to the incident and managed to contain the fire before it spread to other apartments, according to NewZimbabwe.com.

The blaze, which reportedly broke out on the 14th floor of the high-value and one of the tallest residential buildings in the city, was started when floor-making gadgets exploded in one of the apartments. Bulawayo Fire Brigade acting chief fire officer, Lynos Phiri said:

The fire was caused by negligence after floor polish-making apparatus overheated and exploded.

Phiri said an unidentified woman sustained burns on her legs and was taken to the hospital along with other members of the family as a precaution against smoke inhalation.

Phiri said his team responded within 15 minutes after receiving a distress call.

Pindula News

Download the Pindula App for a better user experience.

Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:

WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/D3p2N7OV4gTKVkg5QwUdvY


Telegram Group:

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


Share Full Post