Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA) Acting Chief Executive Officer Xolisani Gwesela has released the resolutions of the Executive Committee Meeting held on 15 July 2022:
1. The Executive Committee resolved that while it is desirable to engage FIFA and have the suspension lifted, local reforms are key to resuscitating and growing the beautiful game of football.
2. The Executive Committee noted with great concern that ZIFA has, for a long time, been operating without strategic direction and resolved to appoint a strategic planning committee to come up with a long-term strategic plan which will guide the Association’s activities and operations and consequently aid in growing football while producing competitive national teams. The committee will be made up of the following: –
a) Alois Masepe (Chairperson)
b) Pithias Shoko
c) Nhamo Tutisani
d) Nhlanhla Dube
e) Hon. Memory Mbondiya
f) Andrew Tapela
g) Kennedy Ndebele
h) Marc Duvillard
i) Theresa Maguraushe
j) Morris Banda
k) Moses Chunga
l) Nobioth Magwizi
3. In order to improve refereeing standards in the country, the Referees Committee has been reconstituted as follows: –
a) Barbara Chikosi (Chairperson)
b) Ruzive Ruzive (Vice Chairperson)
c) Sabelo Maphosa (Secretary)
d) Makonese Masakadza (Member)
e) Wilfred Mukuna (Member)
Other reconstituted Standing Committees will be announced in due course.
4. The Executive Committee resolved that it is of paramount importance to adhere to our constitution, and will call for the Annual General Meeting. Dates will be announced in due course.
5. The Executive Committee discussed age cheating and took great exception to the ghastly malpractice which threatens football’s development.
ZIFA has zero tolerance for age cheating and will ensure that such vices are eradicated in the sport.