PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 27 JANUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 29 JANUARY 2022.
Out of the rain that occurred yesterday (as Tropical Depression ANA eased off) all amounts were below 50mm, with the highest being 47mm (Binga), 43mm (Mukandi), 40mm (Lupane), 33mm (Chisumbanje), 29mm (Buffalo Range), 26mm (Mutare), 27mm (Chinhoyi), 27mm (Joshua Nkomo Airport), 26mm (Gokwe) and 25mm (Hwange). Meanwhile, a relatively moist north-easterly airflow is entering the Zimbabwean air-space.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 28 JANUARY 2022;
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, northern parts Manicaland and Masvingo Provinces, as well as all Mashonaland Provinces should be mostly sunny and mild at first becoming rapidly cloudy with moderate rain-showers which may be thundery in places. Warm conditions are anticipated by day with a northeasterly airflow. The rest of the country namely Matabeleland North and southern districts of Masvingo are expected to be brief cloudy with light showers and a light breeze time and again.
• Thunder and lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
• Flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream.
• Heavy rains may induce localized flash flooding in areas with poor drainage or along rivers.
• Some dams are filled to capacity; this can cause downstream flooding should the darns overspill.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When Thunder roars, it is best to be indoors! If outdoor, try and find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in isolated sheds
• Avoid crossing flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle.
• Heavy downpours may reduce visibility and flood dangers become difficult to perceive during heavy rains. Avoid being outdoors during heavy rains.
• Do not ride at the back of an open truck or drive a tractor during a storm; keep away from metal equipment and pipes, or kitchen areas as these are prone to lightning strikes.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with light rains||19||27|
|KARIBA:||Cloudy with heavy rains||22||32|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly cloudy with light rains||19||28|
|NYANGA:||Mostly cloudy with rain showers||14||22|
|VUMBA:||Mostly cloudy with rain showers||17||26|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly cloudy with light rains||17||26|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly cloudy with rain showers||19||22|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 29 JANUARY 2022;
Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland Central and Mashonaland West provinces: Mostly cloudy and warm conditions with scattered afternoon thunderstorms are expected. It should be mild both morning and evening. Mashonaland East, Manicaland and Masvingo Provinces: are anticipated to be warm and briefly cloudy with isolated afternoon thundershowers, becoming mild towards evening.