ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 18 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 20 NOVEMBER 2021.
The cloud band affecting all Matabeleland provinces and Bulawayo Metropolitan resulted in slightly isolated thunderstorms yesterday. This system is expected to drift eastward into the country. Whereas the remnant pocket of moisture resulted in isolated thunderstorms in Masvingo and Manicaland province with notable falls of 19mm (Nyanga) and 6mm (Masvingo). Meanwhile, pressure is slightly rising over the southeast coast of South Africa.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 19 NOVEMBER 2021,
Matabeleland North, Harare Metropolitan, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and all Mashonaland provinces expect mostly cloudy and humid with scattered thundershowers. Localized heavy rains are probable in places. The provinces of Masvingo, Matabeleland South, and Manicaland should be cool at first, becoming wanner by afternoon with sunny breaks, and isolated thundershowers.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• Strong winds may be destructive in places
• Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets). • When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
• If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thunder-showers||22||33|
|KARIBA:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||24||39|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||16||27|
|NYANGA:||Partly cloudy and warm||13||24|
|VUMBA:||Partly cloudy and warm||16||28|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||17||27|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Partly cloudy and warm||16||27|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 20 NOVEMBER 2021
Cloudy and warm conditions are expected across the whole country with widespread rain showers which might be thundery in places. Heavy downpours (in excess of 50mm) remain a possibility in areas along the main watershed.