ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 01 OCTOBER 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 03 OCTOBER 2021.
A cloud band approaching the country from Botswana, affected the Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South Provinces, as evidenced by light thundershowers that occurred at Tsholotsho and Lupane. The southern parts of the country remained cloudy and mild whilst the rest of the country was under clear skies with thick haze. It was cool in the morning and became hot by the afternoon. The cloud band is slowly drifting eastwards.
Therefore cloudy conditions with patchy rain should be expected TOMORROW SATURDAY 02 OCTOBER 2021, mostly over Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern districts of Matabeleland North, southern areas of the Midlands into western parts of Masvingo Province, with possible outbreaks of thunderstorms. It should be cool at first becoming hot and humid by afternoon. All other areas should be mostly sunny and hot with an odd shower being probable.
• Lightning and strong winds are potential threats during thunderstorms.
• Temperatures are slowly increasing as we draw closer to the main rain season.
• The back of open trucks or tractors is unsafe to ride in during a storm as the external frame acts as a lightning conductor.
• While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires.
• Do not ride at the back of an open truck/tractor even when the storm seems distant. If you see lightning and cannot count 30 seconds before you hear thunder, then the storm is too close.
• When thunder roars it is always advisable to seek shelter in a house or enclosed building that is earthed. Remain indoors for at least 30 minutes after the last rumble of thunder. #30-30Rule #
• Do not hide under trees or isolated sheds as these have a high potential of being struck by lightning.
• Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
• Constantly follow the weather updates on the official platform in the footer of this page. Be Weather-Ready and Always Prepared.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with thunderstorms||21||36|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||24||40|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||15||35|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||12||27|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||16||31|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy with thunderstorms||16||31|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny with a slight chance of showers||14||28|
WEATHER FORECAST SUNDAY 03 OCTOBER 2021
Scattered thunderstorms are expected with cloudy to overcast conditions over much of the country (mainly western areas of Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, western district of Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Midlands, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan into the southern parts of all Mashonaland provinces) with light rain. It should be mild in the morning becoming warm later in the day.
MORE: Pindula News; PRODUCED By MSD