The Delegation of the European Union to Zimbabwe seeks to employ a Press and Information Officer (Group I) for the Delegation. The post is based at the Delegation offices in Harare. The incumbent will report to the Head of Political, Press and Information Section.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
- Manage the public relations of the EU Delegation, including:
- Preparation of press releases and relevant press materials in coordination with the respective sections.
- Management of the website and the social media platforms of the Delegation
- Provision of information to the public, related to the EU and related to activities of the Delegation of the EU in Zimbabwe, in close coordination with the Core Communications Team
- Networking with the media, including set/up of events and maintenance of a database of media and cultural actors
- Management of media enquiries on behalf of the Delegation.
- Organisation of events related to press, culture and information and outreach of the Delegation in general.
- Responsibility for the strategic planning and for the budget related to culture and information, as well as for related expenditures.
- Development, of the visibility programme of the Delegation. in close coordination with the Head of Political Section and other Heads of Sections
- Support the internal communication, including:
- Provision of reviews of media, on a daily and weekly basis for the Delegation.
- Provision of specific press reviews on ad hoc basis for particular subjects.
- Preparation of reports as requested, related to press, culture and information activities.
- Organisation of the distribution of information material.
- Assistance to the Head of Political, Press and Information Section for any other duties that may be required.
- Contribution to any other tasks related to media, culture and information, upon request.
- Contribution to any important visit from HQs for aspects related with media.
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Responsibility for the management of the Cultural Programme of the Delegation and coordination with Member States, including event management for the European Film Festival and other joint initiatives
- Maintenance of relations with the Cultural Centers, particularly those of Member States.
– Must be allowed to work in Zimbabwe.
– Must be able to display an excellent political understanding of Zimbabwe and wider current affairs.
– Postgraduate university degree in social sciences or Political sciences with a focus on media/communications or postgraduate degree in Journalism.
– Experience in the field of art and culture will be considered an asset.
– At least five years continuous of relevant experience in the field of media, journalism, or public relations
– Excellent English: reading, writing, and speaking. Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union Member States will be considered an asset.
– Proven extensive user experience with MS Office package or similar as well as with internet-based services.
– Knowledge of the European Union and its institutions is required.
– Good knowledge of Zimbabwe’s media sector is an important asset.
– Excellent team player and should be able to develop contacts in various sectors of society.
– Excellent organisational skills and analytical qualities.
According to the salary scales of the European Union and relevant experience.
Interested applicants should send their applications by hand to the attention of the Head of Administration:
Delegation of the European Union to Zimbabwe
1 Norfolk Road, P.O. Box MP620
Mt Pleasant, Harare,
Applications should contain the following: (1) A letter of motivation; (2) Curriculum Vitae using the EU CV; (3) Supporting documents providing proof regarding the educational background and professional experience; (4) Three references. The closed envelope containing all supporting documents should clearly mention “Vacancy Press and Information Officer”.
The EU CV template can be downloaded from the EU delegation to Zimbabwe website https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/zimbabwe_en . Candidates who have not submitted the required supporting documents will not be considered.
The closing date for receiving applications will be 12.00 hours, on Monday, 27 September 2021. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and possible interview).