ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2021.
It was mostly sunny and warm over most parts of the country, though cool in the morning. Slight ground frost occurred over Nyanga and Matopos. Meanwhile, dry air will continue to dominate over the country,
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Sunny and warm in all areas, though cool in the morning.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
- The air pollutant level is high at this time of the year, as such people with respiratory challenges/predispositions such as asthma, hay fever and other allergies may be affected.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- All farmers (urban and rural are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
- The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires by constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Brief cloudy, hazy and mild (Temperatures – 16/32)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny, hazy and warm (Temperatures – 17/34)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/31)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 08/25)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/25)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/29)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 08/25)
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2021
Matabeleland South is expected to have some partly cloudy conditions with a chance of a thundershower during the day.
The rest of the country will continue mostly sunny and hot during the day. It will be cool in the morning.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.