ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Areas along and to the south of the main watershed recorded drizzle and rain yesterday with Mukandi (10.4 mm), Nyanga (2.6 mm), Chipinge (1.2 mm), Buhera (0.9 mm), Rusape (0.6 mm) and Gweru (0.3 mm).
Brief cloudy conditions occurred over Manicaland Province this morning while the rest of the country was mostly clear. Cool in the morning, mild to warm during the day. Meanwhile, dry air is expected to dominate most areas of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2021.
It is expected to be sunny and warm over most of the country, though cool in the morning.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
- The air-pollutant level is high at this time of the year; as such people with respiratory challenges/predispositions such as asthma, hay fever and other allergies may be affected.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- All farmers (urban and rural) are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
- The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires by constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Brief cloudy, hazy and mild (Temperatures – 14/30)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny, hazy and warm (Temperatures – 18/31)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/26)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/20)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/21)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/23)
WEATHER FORECAST MONDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2021
Mostly clear skies and cool morning conditions are expected to dominate over most parts of the country. It will be warm to hot during the day.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.