ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 04 AUGUST 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 06 AUGUST 2021.
Clear skies were experienced across the country. Slight ground frost occurred at Gweru, Harare and Maronder this morning.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 05 AUGUST 2021
Clear skies are expected across the country, with a light cast to southeasterly airflow. Mild daytime conditions are anticipated but the early morning hours should be cold with a slight ground frost in susceptible places, like Marondera, Wedza, Nyanga and Matopos.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
- Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (eg the very young, elderly or ill) with abrupt falls in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according. Always ensure the room is well-ventilated
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- If a brazier or open fire is used, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
- Consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (eg, dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST FRIDAY 06 AUGUST 2021
Sunny and warm afternoon conditions should be expected across the country, though cold in the morning with a slight ground frost in susceptible places.