Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services minister, Senator Monica Mutsvangwa on Tuesday announced that Cabinet had approved a request by the tourism industry to open the Victoria Falls and Kazungula Border Posts to tourists who are fully vaccinated.
This is in view of the realisation that over 60% of the population in Vic Falls has been vaccinated.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
She also announced that:
- Level 4 lockdown measures remain in force.
- Cabinet also directed that the Police should adhere to the curfew times when mounting roadblocks.
- Cabinet considered and adopted the National Development Strategy 1 Communication Strategy, which was presented by the Minister of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services.
- The cabinet received a report on a Government delegation’s visit to the San Community in Tsholotsho District in Matabeleland North Province, which was presented by the Minister of Local Government and Public Works.
- The delegation noted that the San people lack birth certificates and identity documents, encounter high teenage pregnancies as well as very low school completion rates at primary and secondary school, and suffer food insecurity mainly due to human-wildlife conflict and failure to practise modern agriculture.
- In that regard, all constraints relating to testimonies by parents, relatives and guardians should be wavered; the Ministry of Health and Child Care should establish clinics that will benefit the San/Tjwao and other similarly disadvantaged communities; the Security Ministries waiver the entry requirements to enable San/Tjwao citizens to enlist into the respective uniformed services; the Ministry of Local Government and Public Works expeditiously appoints headmen and chiefs to enhance the participation of the San/Tjwao in governance. The Ministry of Finance and Economic Development should ensure the timeous release of funds requested by Ministries for the implementation of development programmes and projects in San/Tjwao communities.