ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 22 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 24 JULY 2021
Clear skies were experienced across the country in the morning with cold conditions. Ground frost occurred in susceptible places such as Harare, Henderson, Marondera, Wedza, Nyanga, Mukandi, Masvingo, Gweru and Matopos; with that at Mukandi being severe (a ground minimum temperature of minus 4.6°C). Meanwhile, pressure rises to the southeast of the subcontinent, should cause an influx of moist south easterlies into the country.
This should result in cloudy to overcast and windy conditions TOMORROW FRIDAY 23 JULY 2021 in Matabeleland South, Masvingo, and Manicaland, south of the Midlands with a chance of drizzle. The remainder of the country should be windy in the morning with low clouds creeping in by midday. There should be a marked decline in daytime temperatures but mornings should remain cold. Chances of ground frost will be diminished.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
• Cold and windy conditions negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
• Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire; where possible stay indoors.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm. If you need to use a brazier or open fire to keep warm, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Always consult local certified health practitioners for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
• For frost mitigation measures that suit your particular crop and area, please seek advice from your local Agritex Officer.
• Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according. Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and mild though cold in the morning||07||26|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and mild though cold in the morning||12||28|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Cloudy and cold with a chance of drizzle||05||21|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy and cold with a chance of drizzle||04||17|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy and cold with a chance of drizzle||04||21|
|MATOPOS:||Cloudy and cold with a chance of drizzle||04||21|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy and cold with a chance of drizzle||03||19|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST SATURDAY 24 JULY 2021
Overcast, windy and cold conditions should be expected in areas along and south of the main watershed (namely Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of the Midlands, Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland, southern parts of Mashonaland East and Harare Metropolitan). There is a chance of drizzle in some places. Areas to the north of the main watershed (Matabeleland North, northern districts of the Midlands, Mashonaland West. Mashonaland Central and northern areas of Mashonaland East) should be mostly sunny, though windy and mild by day becoming cold towards evening.