ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 18 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 20 JULY 2021.
Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central and Harare Metropolitan Provinces, as well as the southern parts of Masvingo Province, had cloudy conditions this morning, while the rest of the country had clear skies.
It was a cold morning, with a moderate ground frost in places such as West Nicholson, Masvingo and Zaka; while Buffalo Range, Buhera, Chisumbanje, Chivhu, Gweru, Mukandi, Nyanga, Rusape and Wedza, had slight ground frost in the early morning hours.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, MONDAY 19 JULY 2021.
Brief cloudy conditions are forecast for parts of Masvingo Province into the Eastern Highlands. Elsewhere, clear skies are expected with cold morning conditions.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
Ground frost is highly probable in frost susceptible areas namely Matopos, Gweru, Kezi, Henderson, Harare and Marondera. It should be mild in the afternoon becoming cold towards evening.
Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt falls in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according.
- Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
- For frost mitigation measures that suit particular crops and areas, please seek advice from your local Agritex Officer.
- Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire; where possible stay indoors.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- If a brazier or open fire is used, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 20 JULY 2021
It should be sunny and mild during the day over much of the country, with a north-easterly airflow being predominant in most places of the country.
However, ground frost is expected in areas such as Matopos, Gweru, Chivhu, Masvingo, Zaka, Chivhu, Wedza, Rusape, Nyanga and Mukandi; with countrywide cold conditions in the early morning hours and towards evening.