ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 15 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 17 JULY 2021.
Cloudy and cold conditions which affected much of the country yesterday into today resulted in light showers at Belvedere in Harare. This morning, widespread drizzle occurred in areas along and south of the main watershed with some notable figures of 9mm and 5mm at Mukandi and Makoholi respectively. Meanwhile, the atmosphere is drying out from the south.
TOMORROW FRIDAY 16 JULY 2021
It should be cloudy and cold with morning drizzle in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, Masvingo, southern areas of Midlands, southern parts of Mashonaland East and Manicaland, becoming less cloudy and cool by afternoon. Mostly sunny and mild conditions are expected in Matabeleland North and northern parts of Midlands though cold in the morning. Elsewhere (Harare Metropolitan Province, Mashonaland Central and West as well as northern parts of Mashonaland East), it is expected to be cloudy with sunny breaks. It will be cold in the morning, becoming cool by the afternoon.
• Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
• Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
NB: sharp changes in daytime conditions are projected later this week.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
• Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight. Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and cool, though cold in the morning||12||24|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and cool, though cold in the morning||17||28|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly cloudy and cold, though cold in the morning||08||18|
|NYANGA:||Mostly cloudy and cold, though cold in the morning||07||13|
|VUMBA:||Mostly cloudy and cold, though cold in the morning||08||16|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly cloudy and cold, though cold in the morning||09||19|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly cloudy and cold, though cold in the morning||10||17|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST SATURDAY 17 JULY 2021
It should be sunny countrywide although cloud periods are expected to develop in places. It will be cold in the morning, becoming mild in the afternoon. Slight ground frost is anticipated in frost-prone areas (Matopos, Gweru, Kezi, Masvingo, Belvedere and Marondera).