The Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) has with immediate effect reviewed bus and commuter omnibus fares downwards. Pindula News presents the ZUPCO statement.
Following the announcement by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Cde ED Mnangagwa on new lockdown measures, and in discussion with the Minister of Local Government and Public Works Hon July Moyo, the below indicated measures to reduce congestion In urban centres and eliminate illegal transport modes have been put in place. This is with immediate effect:
1. Redeployment of Intercity buses
• All intercity buses will be redeployed to urban operations to increase carrying capacity and efficiency.
2. Use of timetables
• We will be operating under the curfew guidelines.
• Our buses will be deployed as per scheduled time tables.
3. Downward Review of Tares
We are pleased to announce an immediate downward review of fares as below
Bus Omnibus 0-20 KM 40.00 60.00 21-30 KM 60.00 80.00 31-40 KM 80.00 –
4. Following COVID Protocols to be observed
• Sanitisation of passengers, temperature checks and enforcement of mask wearing
• We will be liaising with law enforcement agents in order to enforce COVID19 Protocols. If any our staff are not adhering to these protocols, please report on Hot Line Number 263 712 904 684.
5. Off-peak Hours
• We encourage commuters visiting the CBD for any business other than employment to travel between 8.30am and 3.30pm. This will avoid congestion and overcrowding at our bus termini during peak hours.
• 6. Designated Bus Stops
• We encourage our passengers to use designated bus stops. The bus stops will be re-advertised in local Newspapers.
More: Pindula News