ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 14 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 16 JULY 2021.
The cloud system affecting areas along and to the north of the watershed yesterday resulted in light rain at Kadoma. Coupled with that, the moist and cold airflow which infiltrated the southern areas of Zimbabwe has caused cloudy and cool conditions in the southern districts this morning. No ground frost was reported.
TOMORROW THURSDAY 15 JULY 2021
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, Masvingo, southern areas of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan Province, Mashonaland East and Manicaland are expected to be cloudy, cold and windy with patchy morning drizzle. The rest of the country (Matabeleland North, northern parts of ‘Midlands, Harare Metropolitan Province, Mashonaland Central and West as well as northern parts of Mashonaland East) should be mostly cloudy with a light breeze though cold in the morning. It will become cool by afternoon with a chance of some showers..
• Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
• Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks. NB: sharp changes in daytime conditions are projected later this week.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
• Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight. Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FRIDAY 16 JULY 2021
It should be cloudy and cold in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, Masvingo, southern parts of Midlands, Manicaland and Mashonaland East Provinces with a chance of morning drizzle. The rest of the country is expected to be mostly cloudy and cool.