ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 06 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 08 JULY 2021.
It was mostly cloudy and cold in Matabeleland South, Masvingo, southern parts of Midlands, southern parts of Mashonaland East and Manicaland Provinces this morning, with a slight drizzle in areas such as Chisumbanje (5mm), West Nicholson (2mm), and Chipinge (1mm).
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Clear skies and cold conditions dominated the rest of the country. Meanwhile, the high-pressure system responsible for this fetch of moisture is now receding.
FORECAST For TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 07 JULY 2021
It should be mostly cloudy and cold in Masvingo, southern parts of Mashonaland East and Manicaland Provinces in the morning becoming less cloudy and mild by afternoon.
All other areas (namely Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland North, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland West and Central Provinces) are expected to be dominated by clear skies and cold morning conditions with chances of ground frost in areas such as Belvedere, Henderson, and Marondera. However, warm afternoon conditions are anticipated.
Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry and some crops.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
- Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST THURSDAY 08 JULY 2021
Clear skies with cold morning conditions are forecast throughout the country with chances of ground frost in frost-prone areas like Nyanga, Mukandi, Marondera, Henderson, Belvedere Gweru and Matopos.
It should be mild in the afternoon becoming cold towards evening.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.