The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has named the five people who were killed in a road traffic accident along the Masvingo-Mbalabala Road Tuesday morning.
Seven other people were injured when a FAW truck and a Mitsubishi truck collided head-on at the 129km peg along the Masvingo-Mbalabala Road.
ZPR national police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi named the deceased as:
- Charles SHOKO (46) of Mberengwa
- Tatenda MUTANDADZI (3 months) of Mberengwa
- Keith Proceed MUTANDADZI (2) of Mberengwa
- Nothando MPOFU (40) of Mberengwa
- Loveness MUTANDADZI (14) of Mberengwa
Asst Comm Nyathi urged motorists to adhere to stipulated speed limits and avoid the overloading of vehicles.