ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 25 JUNE 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 27 JUNE 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Clear nights and calm winds resulted in slight ground frost over Nyanga, Mukandi, Masvingo and Gweru Meteorological stations and brief cloudy conditions were observed over Harare metropolitan, Mashonaland East Province and Manicaland. Meanwhile, the atmosphere continues to dry out further.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 26 JUNE 2021
It should begin off cold in most areas, with slight to a moderate ground frost in areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Chivhu, Gweru, Matopos, Henderson, Marondera and Belvedere.
It is expected to be mild by afternoon with clear skies across the country, becoming cool towards evening.
- Cold conditions may affect the health of all persons, however, persons of an ill disposition, the elderly and young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning, negatively impact poultry and some crops.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
- Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- If one is dependent on solar, ensure the load is minimised when charging is not optimal.
WEATHER FORECAST SUNDAY 27 JUNE 2021
Sunny and warm daytime conditions are expected over much of the country. However, it should be cold both in the morning and evening.
Slight to moderate frost is expected in areas such as Gweru, Henderson, Chivhu, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.