ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED A11 600 11125 ON MONDAY 10 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 12 MAY 2021.
It was mostly sunny and warm across the county with scattered clouds over the Eastern highlands. Meanwhile, a continental high-pressure cell over South Africa should drive in dry south-easterly airflow into Zimbabwe.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 11 MAY 2021
Slight to moderate ground frost (though not visible as white flakes) and very cold conditions are expected in Kezi, West Nicholson, Lupane, Matopos, Gweru, Chivhu, Henderson and Masvingo. with the rest of the country being cold at first. It should be mostly sunny and warm by afternoon across the country, becoming cool towards evening.
• Black Frost, which affects horticultural crops such as tomatoes, is probable in parts of Matabeleland South. Masvingo. into Matabeleland North.
• Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
• Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma. hay-fever, colds and flu tend to be conunon during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
• Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN:
• Keeping warm is essential for everyone: also ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm especially towards evening and early morning.
• For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments. please consult your local health practitioner.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe. mask-up. get vaccinated Minter Is at hand.
• Have warm clothing nearby, especially if you are outdoors
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and mild||13||28|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm||16||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and mild||09||24|
|NYANGA:||Sunny and mild||10||22|
|VUMBA:||Sunny and mild||10||24|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and mild||07||24|
FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 12 MAY 21121
All areas should experience clear skies and light winds with a chance of slight ground frost in frost-prone areas of Matopos, Nyanga, Marondera and Chivhu. It will be cold in the morning and towards evening but mild during the day.