ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 19 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 21 APRIL 2021.
Clear skies and light winds experienced in most areas resulted in cold conditions this morning (West Nicholson (4°C), Marondera and Mukandi (5°C), Gweru, Kezi, Masvingo, Zaka and Rusape (7°C), Buhera, Zvishavane and Goetz (8°C) and Wedza (9°C). The rest of the country was cool.
Meanwhile, the continental high-pressure system over Botswana should be over the southeast of South Africa by tomorrow.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 20 APRIL 2021
It is expected to be briefly cloudy in the morning in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of the Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland, becoming less cloudy and mild by afternoon.
It should be sunny and mild with cloudy periods in Matabeleland North, northern parts of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces, though cool in the morning and evening.
- These cooler weather conditions may affect the health of vulnerable members of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Temperature fluctuation negatively impacts animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm,
- Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
- The main-rainfall season has now passed and winter is approaching, temperature may fluctuate significantly, thus horticultural crops such as tomatoes need to be monitored and frost preventions mechanism placed on standby for any forecast eventualities.
- Regularly follow the weather updates on different official channels indicated in the footer.
FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 21 APRIL 2021
Clear skies and cool conditions are expected in most areas. However, it should be cold in the morning in susceptible areas (Matopos, Gweru, Nyanga, Henderson, Mukandi and Chivhu). It will be warm by afternoon with some scattered clouds developing countrywide.