Chelsea Football Club this Saturday host Premier League leaders, Manchester City in the hugely anticipated FA Cup encounter.
While the encounter is important to Manchester City who are looking forward to winning a quadruple this season, Thomas Tuchel who took charge as Chelsea’s manager in January has transformed the London giants that they pose great danger to City’s hopes.
Below are the statistics that you gentle reader may need to know ahead of the match.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
- The first stat favouring the Citizens is their slightly better results in all competitions compared to the Blues’. They’ve won 6 and lost 2, compared to the Blues who have 5 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses in as many games. A fair edge for Pep Guardiola’s men isn’t it?
- A better stat favouring Pep Guardiola’s men is their better results over the Blues in the last 8 meetings between both sides. They’ve won 6 and lost just 2 of these encounters. This should give Pep Guardiola and his men more confidence going into this game.
- Finally, one stat/fact that could be a huge motivational factor for the Citizens is their pursuit of a Quadruple this season. They are currently at the top of the EPL table, Final of the English Football League/Carabao Cup, Semi-final of the Champions League, and Semi-final of the FA Cup.
- The Blues might not have stats in their favour, but they’ve got history on their side. Chelsea’s progress this season looks very replica to 2011/2012 where they clinched both the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League in the grandest of style.
- They were performing below par that season, appointed a new coach, fighting to get a Champions League spot just to mention a few, and out of nowhere, they clinched those 2 trophies.
- The big question is, can history repeat itself in favour of the Blues?
If we are to consider the stats before us, then Pep Guardiola and his men look very much on course to get a Quadruple this season.