ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 10 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 12 APRIL 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Mostly sunny conditions were experienced countrywide however scattered clouds developed over parts of Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, northern areas of Midlands and all Mashonaland provinces, as relatively drier conditions continue to affect the country, therefore:
TOMORROW, SUNDAY 11 APRIL 2021, Sunny and dry conditions are expected in most parts of the country with brief cloudy periods over Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland provinces.
Cool in the morning, becoming warm by afternoon.
- These cool conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
- Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
- Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours,
- Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
- Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
- Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR MONDAY 12 APRIL 2020
Sunny and warm conditions are expected across the country. However, it should be cool both morning and evening.