ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 25 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 27 MARCH 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
The cloud band over the western districts and moisture affecting areas along and to the north of the main watershed resulted in isolated thundershowers in all Matabeleland Provinces, northern areas of Midlands and all Mashonaland Provinces including Harare Metropolitan Province.
The notable rainfalls were the following: 26mm (Logan Park in Harare), 16mm (Gokwe), 11mm (Kutsaga), and 10mm (Belvedere in Harare).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 26 MARCH 2021:
- All Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan and northern areas of Midlands are expected to be mostly sunny and mild at first, becoming warm and cloudy by afternoon. An odd shower is probable.
- Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces should be cloudy and warm with afternoon and evening thunderstorms. It will be mild in the morning.
- The rest of the country (southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces) should be mostly sunny and warm though mild in the morning and towards evening.
- Lightning can still strike from a distant cloud when the skies above you are mostly blue and cloudless (This is commonly called a “bolt from the blue”).
- Isolated trees and shed have a high potential of being struck by lightning during a thunderstorm.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Remember when you are close enough to hear thunder less than 30 seconds after you see
lightning then you are close enough to get struck. It is safer to seek shelter in a closed building when this occurs.
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Do not hide under a tree or in an isolated shed.
- Keep physically distant from livestock and other people once a storm begins till it ends.
- Do not ride at the back of a pick-up truck or a tractor during thunderstorms.
FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 27 MARCH 2021
It should be partly cloudy and warm with afternoon and evening thunderstorms in Harare Metropolitan Province, Manicaland and all Mashonaland provinces.
Mostly sunny and warmer conditions are expected in the remainder of the country (all Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Masvingo provinces).
It will be mild in the morning and towards evening.