Govt Expects Resumptions Of All Classes To Be Incident-free

Primary and Secondary Education Minister Cain Mathema said that schools reopened last week with no problems and he expects the return of all learners to classes this Monday to be incident-free as well.

Speaking to State media on Sunday, Mathema thanked stakeholders including teachers, parents and learners for adapting to the normal compulsory safety protocols. He said:

The education sector has adjusted to the new normal. Last week we resumed lessons for examination classes without any problem and we expect the same this week with the rest of the classes.

Teachers who were supposed to report for duty last week reported. I want to commend parents, learners and teachers for the way they have managed the resumption of classes under the circumstances.

The measures prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Child Care for a safe resumption of classes are now in place and we are ready for the resumption of classes.

Everyone is ready and we expect a safe resumption of classes tomorrow (today) as some learners have started going to school, joining those who resumed their lessons last week

National Association of Secondary Heads (NASH) president Arthur Maphosa also said schools opened last week without any major challenges and they expect the prevailing situation to continue.

National Association of Primary Heads (NAPH) president Cynthia Khumalo said they are ready to welcome all pupils back to school though there are still challenges regarding social distancing protocols in some schools.

More: The Herald

Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:

WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/B4vSeEOB3rNLugUMez75g8


Telegram Group: https://t.me/+E-dYp2NhsANlMGU0

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


Share Full Post

Nyaradzo logo

RSS Recent Profiles Created