A Zanu PF affiliated Twitter account Zanu PF Patriots took the time to try and debunk what they called lies about the Lucerne grass project that is expected to evict people from Chiredzi. The fact sheet shared by Zanu PF Patriots noted the following:
- 12 000 people cannot fit on 940 hectares of land
- The number of people to be relocated is yet to be ascertained
- Chiredzi people were consulted on the project by government officials including July Moyo and Constantiono Chiwenga
- Government plans to suppliment stock feed made by maize with lucerne grass which is cheaper to grow
- Dendairy has set aside US10 million to compensate people who will be affected by the relocation.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store