The President has extended the national lockdown by 2 more weeks. He announced his decision on Twitter and said:
It is with deep sadness that I today announced that lockdown in Zimbabwe has been extended for two more weeks. I know that this will be painful for many Zimbabweans and this decision was not taken without great deliberation. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Thanks to vaccines arriving in Zimbabwe from China, the U.K., Russia and India, we will now be able to protect our people and gradually reopen our economy. I thank all Zimbabweans for the daily sacrifice they make in forgoing their liberty for the protection of us all.
In the same update president Mnangagwa also made the following announcements:
- Businesses to operate from 8 am to 5 pm
- Curfew to start from 8 pm to 5.30 am
- No intercity travel
- Schools to remain closed
- 30 Funerals attendees per funeral
- Essential service to remain functional.
- Govt function moves to 25%
- Social gatherings remain prohibited
Source: President Mnangagwa