Tottenham Hotspur this Sunday lost 2-0 to Leicester City who moved up the log to the second position.
Vardy scored a first-half penalty for the Foxes and an own goal by Alderweireld in the second period sealed Leicester’s victory.
Maddison also had the ball in the back of the net just after the restart, but it was ruled out by VAR for offside.
This is a second consecutive defeat for Jose Mourinho’s men after they also succumbed to a 2-1 defeat at the hands of log leaders and reigning champions, Liverpool last week Wednesday.
Below are the results of some of the matches played since Saturday:
- Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool
- Southampton 0-1 Manchester City
- Everton 2-1 Arsenal
- Newcastle 1-1 Fulham
- Brighton1-1 Sheffield United
- Manchester United 6-2 Leeds (Scott McTominay 2′, 3′ Bruno Fernandes 20′, 70′ (P) Victor Lindelöf 37′ Daniel James 66′)
- West Brom v Aston Villa (Late Kickoff)
- Burnley v Wolves (Monday)
- Chelsea v West Ham (Monday)
EPL Log as it stands:
- Liverpool – 31
- Leicester City – 27
- Man United – 26
- Everton – 26
- Tottenham Hotspur – 25
- Southampton – 24
- Manchester City – 23 (Game in hand)
- Chelsea- 22 (Game in hand)
- West Ham – 21 (Game in hand)
- Wolves – 20 (Game in hand)
- Aston Villa – 19 (3 Games in hand)