Destination Kariba is reportedly on the rebound as hotels in the resort town are reportedly recording 90% occupancy as people visit Kariba for the much-needed break.
While some are still wondering how they will spend their Christmas break, here are a few reasons why you should visit Kariba this festive season:
- The Zambezi Walk – a guided walk along the Zambezi river where patrons will see animals drinking water, etc
- The Shoreline Bird Watch – Kariba reportedly boasts of recording some seriously special birds and it holds a record of having the most “obscure” birds among its over 400 species of birds.
- Shoreline Canoeing – Tourists can engage in shoreline canoeing and get to see animals at various drinking spots.
- Walking Safaris – Offered by Natureways Safaris, tourists can be on shoreline guided tours at the lake
- Ordinary tourist activities – Tiger fishing, Sunset cruises, Game drives, and Village tours, Dam Wall visits, crocodile farm visits etc.
Cephas Shoniwa, the co-ordinator of the recently held Kariba Travel and Tourism (KTT) Indaba spoke to The Sunday Mail and said people are flocking into the resort town:
At the peak of the lockdown, tourism activities in Kariba were non-existent. As stakeholders, we then sat down and came up with a masterplan which we used to turn around the fortunes of this town.
As is the requirement, foreign tourists will have to produce Covid-19 certificates. Locals are expected to observe the usual guidelines. We are more than happy with the overwhelming response that we are getting from visitors
More: The Sunday Mail