Demolition Of Illegal Structures Will Continue – Minister

Local Government Minister July Moyo on Tuesday said demolitions of illegal settlements will continue and eviction notices will be effected at the right time.

Addressing a press conference, Moyo however, said the Harare City Council should wait until after the rain season to execute the eviction orders from the courts. Moyo said:

All those who have been given eviction orders should know that these eviction orders are legal instruments and therefore cannot be defied by individuals.

As government, because we uphold the rule of law unless individuals have gone to court to rescind these court orders, those court orders will be effected at the appropriate time.

Moyo said people who have already been evicted cannot go back to the areas where they were evicted from but should be relocated.

This comes after a total of 134 families were left homeless in Budiriro, Harare, after council demolished illegal structures under Tembwe Housing Cooperative.

The demolitions were carried out earlier this month and residents were left in the open in the middle of what promises to be one of the wettest summers in recent years.

More: NewsDay

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


RSS Recent Profiles Created

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.