Takashinga Cricket Club have won the inaugural National Premier League which saw the country’s top nine clubs battling it out in a 36-match tournament from the 4th of October to the 1st of this month. We present below the winners from the tournament.
- Takashinga Cricket Club USD10 000
- MidWest Rhinos won silver and USD5 000
- Rainbow Sharks were third with 50 points
- Harare Kings were fourth
- Easterns ended the campaign on fifth
- Gladiators finished 6th with 40 points
- Amakhosi settled for 7th position
- Queens were 8th
- Great Zimbabwe Patriots anchored the table with a mere 10 points.
- Takashinga’s Roy Kaia – Player of the Tournament
- Eric Chauluka – inaugural NPL Coach of the Year award
- MidWest Rhinos batsman Tary Musakanda – top batsman with 307 runs including a century and a half century.
- Gladiators’ Malcolm Chikuwha – bowler of the tournament accolade and was duly awarded with a shield for his exploits, taking 23 wickets and best of 7 for 16.
More: ZBC News