Liverpool have received a major boost ahead of the UEFA Champions League clash against Italian side Atalanta this Tuesday as Kostas Tsimikas, Joel Matip and Naby Keita returned to full training.
Meanwhile, the Reds’ new signing Thiago Alcantara did not feature in the session. Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp commented on Keita, Matip and Thiago saying:
Naby and Joel trained yesterday with the team, full, Thiago didn’t. So, that’s the situation.
I have really no idea what I do with this information in the moment because yes, they trained, that’s good, it’s better than if they don’t train. But we have to see what we do with it.
We have another day to make these decisions. A lot of players will be on the plane hopefully, and so decisions will be made late, late, late.
Below are the UEFA Champions League Group stage matches for Matchday 3 of 6 scheduled for this week:
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Mönchengladbach 1955
- Lokomotiv Moscow V Atlético Madrid 1955
- RB Salzburg V Bayern 2200
- Real Madrid V Inter Milan 2200
- Man City V Olympiacos 2200
- Porto v Marseille 2200
- Atalanta v Liverpool 2200
- Midtjylland V Ajax 2200
- Instanbul Başakşehir v Man United Wed 4/11 – 19:55
- Zenit v Lazio Wed 4/11 – 19:55
- Barcelona v Dynamo Kyiv Wed 4/11 – 22:00
- Ferencváros V Juventus Wed 4/11 – 22:00
- Club Brugge v Dortmund Wed, 4/11 – 22:00
- Sevilla v Krasnodar Wed, 4/11 – 22:00
- Chelsea v Rennes Wed, 4/11 – 22:00
- RB Leipzig v PSG Wed, 4/11 – 22:00