Transform Zimbabwe leader Jacob Ngarivhume is seen in the following video detailing his experience during his incarcerating at Chikurubi Prison. While in conversation with Trevor Ncube, Ngarivhume said:
- Prisoners are locked up for 17 hours a day
- There are no toilets in the cells
- Inmates are locked up and have to stay in their cells for 17 hours without toilets
- Food is served in front of raw sewage
- Inmates relieve themselves in lunchboxes and keep it till they can dispose of their waste when the cells are opened.
Ngarivhume together with Hopewell Chin’ono was arrested on 20 July and charged with inciting public violence and he was denied bail several times and stayed in remand for 45 days.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Watch the video of Ngarivhume below: