United Kingdom’s Prince Charles Tests Positive For Coronavirus

A member of the United Kingdom royal family, Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus.

In a statement released on Wednesday morning, Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old heir to the throne displayed “mild symptoms” on Sunday and was then tested on Monday, with the results coming through late on Tuesday night. The statement reads:

The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus.

He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.

Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth 11 is said to be in good health and is residing at Windsor Castle where he moved with Prince Philip last week for the Easter period.

Following Prince Charles’ diagnosis, Buckingham Palace said:

Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health.

The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare. We will not be commenting further.

More: Sky News


Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge

If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.

News On WhatsApp

Tap to join WhatsApp Group (no discussions)
https://chat.whatsapp.com/E8bdP4yS7Es8zdzr87LMCm

If you find the group full, please see the WhatsApp page to let us know.

Comments

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.