The Zimbabwe Republic Police have released the names of people who died on Friday when a Kadoma-bound Baker’s Inn truck and a Toyota Granvia collided along the Harare-Bulawayo Road.
They also revealed that the death toll that was initially at five has since risen to six. Police have named the victims of the accident. Below are the names of the victims:
- Norman Manjere (44) of ZRP Kadoma main camp,
- Juliet Chinembiri (35) of Rimuka, Kadoma,
- Aysha Muhawo (26) of Rio Zimbabwe, Kadoma,
- Agara Faki (37) from Rimuka, and
- Godknows Kuseka from Rimuka.
The deputy national police spokesperson Chief Superintendent Blessmore Chishaka added:
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047077?text=add
We are still to communicate with the next of kin for the sixth victim and the name will be released as soon as they are informed.
The Toyota Granvia had 15 people on board and four people, including the driver, died on the spot while one other person died on admission at Kadoma Hospital.
The police indicated that the accident was caused by the Baker’s Inn truck driver who swerved to the right encroaching into the lane of oncoming traffic resulting in a head-on collision with a Toyota Granvia that was travelling in the opposite direction.
More: The Herald